- 7/14/17 Recap: The company is a (i) part of a vertically-integrated group of companies that supported supply chain for cocoa products and (ii) wholly-owned subsidiary of Transmar Commodity Group Ltd. ("TCG"), which previously filed for bankruptcy and is in the process of being sold and wound down. TCG was the company's largest customer so...well, the bankruptcy of one has effectively dominoed into the bankruptcy of another. The company intends to sell itself to an entity known as JB Cocoa Inc. And since there's nothing else particularly interesting about this case, we're going to pour ourselves some bowls of cocoa puffs. Just because.
- Jurisdiction: S.D. of New York (Judge Garrity)
- Capital Structure: $5.3mm debt (Bank of the West), $2mm unsecured note (assumed from Transmar).
- Company Professionals:
- Legal: Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti LLP (Joseph Schwartz, Tara Schellhorn, Rachel Gillen) & (local) Klestadt Winters Jureller Southard & Stevens LLP (Tracy Klestadt, Joseph Corneau)
- Financial Advisor/CRO: Deloitte CRG (Robert Frezza)
- Claims Agent: Prime Clerk LLC (*click on company name above for free docket access)