A comparison of oil and gas producer production pre- and post-bankruptcy:
News for the Week of 10/9/16
- As Chicago undertakes operational fixes in an attempt to avoid becoming the next Detroit, the loss of tax revenue from mass layoffs won't help. Still, Sears/KMart is clearly in trouble and it's unclear how this plays out nationally - especially when its financial sponsor is vocally insistent.
- An oil and gas recap.
- Bain Capital Credit (formerly Sankaty) gets into the BDC game while Och-Ziff struggles to survive.
- DTI, a legal process outsourcing company owned by OMERS Private Equity and Harvest Partners, completed its ~$1.2b take-private acquisition of claims agent & legal services provider Epiq.
- Chapter 22 watch: Relativity Media.
- A recap of one of the hottest distressed investing plays of the year: Ultra Petroleum.
- Chart of the week: